About the Council
The Florida Technology Council (FTC) is the driving force behind Florida’s rapid growth in the technology sector; connecting and empowering Florida’s technology community. As Florida’s premier trade association for science and technology companies, the Council is recognized as having a diverse professional membership among the business community.
FTC is the only association in Florida focused exclusively on the needs and priorities of the state's technology sector. Council members work toward furthering the advancement of technology in Florida through leadership, education, legislation, and social action. These interactions contribute to the Council’s culture of growing our members' businesses and transforming technology in Florida.
FTC is led by CEO James Taylor, who is responsible for the Council's strategic direction. FTC Vice President/Board of Advisor Chair, Cyndy Loomis, is responsible for membership programs. The Council receives guidance through a Board of Advisors where Christophe Reglat, CEO of Coaxis International, serves as Vice Chair.
With an office located at our state capital of Tallahassee, and speaking engagements and meetings throughout the state, the Council is Florida’s only statewide organization exclusively representing the technology sector. FTC is a professional networking organization that provides education and membership connections for the technology business sector. Providing its member companies with marketing opportunities, educational events, and pursuit of business-focused legislation to enhance Florida’s IT climate, the Council ranks as one of the most important technology organizations in the state.
Members of the council are provided the following benefits based on membership level:
- Year-round updates, including pivotal legislative information impacting IT.
- Access to education and training sessions.
- Direct contact with our Executive Director to:
- Schedule meetings and message delivery with state leaders
- Promotion of vital IT information to statewide opinion leaders
- Outreach to state government leaders and staff to promote IT-friendly legislation
- Invitations to participate in Regional committees
- Opportunities for industry certifications
- Technology specific updates during committee weeks and session
- Networking opportunities with other associations across Florida